PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite APC of the entire war.

KG_RCT_Wolfleader
05-18-2005, 04:28 PM
What's your favorite APC overall. My favorite has to be the Stuart Recce. Only carries 6 people at a time, doesn't become available until much later on, doesn't have a gun shield for the machinegunner and costs a bit more but it's got good armour for an APC and at 39mph is much faster than the 251/1. Definately my prefered overall APC, especially after numerous nasty instances of seeing my 251's fall like flies to nests of AT rifle teams.

KG_ThorsHammer
05-18-2005, 10:31 PM
IF I still played cmBO, I would say the Canadian Kangaroo carrier would be my favorite. It was the first fully tracked APC, being made from converting the obsolete Ram tank chassis.

For cmBB, I think the APc are fairly similar for infantry transport, so I dont really have a favorite. I am partial to the SDK251/9. It is a support halftrack though, so it doesnt really apply if we are talking about pure infantry transport. I like its varied ammo loadout, providing an economical fire support weapon for infantry support.

KG_Cloghaun
05-18-2005, 11:57 PM
Ditto on the SDK251/9.

What's CMBO? :P

KG_Panzerschreck
05-19-2005, 04:02 AM
Not to be nit picky, but are you talking based off of real life preformances or game preformance? i know no one here has any real life experienceses with any of these vehicles but we have all read plenty of first person accounts to make a good judgement call.

when it comes to scout vehicles im a kraut man all the way. i love the 250/9, which i affectionately call the "murder machine", and i love the Lynx. id be hard pressed to pick a favorite.

KG_RCT_Wolfleader
05-19-2005, 03:29 PM
Not to be nit picky, but are you talking based off of real life preformances or game preformance? i know no one here has any real life experienceses with any of these vehicles but we have all read plenty of first person accounts to make a good judgement call.

when it comes to scout vehicles im a kraut man all the way. i love the 250/9, which i affectionately call the "murder machine", and i love the Lynx. id be hard pressed to pick a favorite.

Your favorite APC in all 3 CM games overall.

Can you have inf ride in the 250/9? I think the only German halftracks in CM capable of carrying inf were the 251/1, 250/1 and the 251/10.

KG_Panzerschreck
05-19-2005, 11:33 PM
ah ok, lol. i totally missed the whole APC thing. sometimes i wonder where my head is at.

i like the 250/1.