PDA

View Full Version : Dragon's next 1/72 scale offerings

KG_Jag
02-20-2006, 03:36 AM
Here's the word:

Dragon will be coming out with a slew of new products this year, including a 1:72 scale Sturmgeschutz assault gun with skirts, a Jagdpanzer IV L/70 tank destroyer, a Me-262b "nachtjager", a F6F Hellcat, and Rudel's Ju-87G Stuka.

The Dragon Expo '06 will be held at the Anaheim Convention Center in California this June.

KG_Panther
02-22-2006, 06:37 PM
Bill: come on out and join Rob and I...we live right near Anaheim. I love my Dragon armor so far!!! Awesome stuff. I'm waiting for Britich and Russian tanks (they just came out with t34/76s) as well American tanks (Hellcat!!!) and other support vehicles such as 1/2 tracks, flak trucks etc.

KG_Jag
02-22-2006, 10:37 PM
Stu--it possible that I could make it, depending in part when in June it will be held.

KG_Jag
02-24-2006, 06:48 PM
Apparently the supply side is letting down the demand side. This is what the folks at Onsite Diecast just sent out:

"We phoned Dragon USA today to ask why we have not received our order for more of D61001 Tiger 1 in 1:35 scale and below is the part of the conversation. (Just so you know we tried to double up on our last order and they did not have enough stock even then to supply us.)

"No more 1:35 Tigers will be coming in." We asked why and the response was just that they - DRAGONUSA - had been told by DRAGONCHINA during the toy fair that they would not be getting any more.

We immediately asked about the next release and they have no info on that either.

Bottom line is that is you want one and can find one at or around $70 then it may be wise to buy it. As soon as "some" dealers find out no more are coming in then they will immediately double or even triple the price.

Anything can happen and we have asked to be informed if more come in unexpectedly but for now we probably won't see any more of them.

Sorry for the bad news.

Mitch
www.onsitediecast.com"