PDA

View Full Version : European Union supports Brits, but French waffle

KG_Kharkov
03-30-2007, 09:27 AM
From Foxnews:

The European Union vowed solidarity with Britain, but some diplomats also warned against avoid unnecessary escalation. "We must put very strong pressure on the Iranians," French Foreign Minister Philippe Douste-Blazy said in a radio interview in Paris. "I think we must avoid confrontation and escalation."

The Kharkov translator:

"We must appear to support our Limey friends but they shouldn't do anything that will jepoardize French business interests in Iran or result in riots in the Paris suburbs. Our riot cops are still recovering from the last set of riots in our capital. Our riot cops don't like confrontation and neither does Rambeau, our chief business liaison to Iran."

KG_Jag
03-30-2007, 11:18 AM
Jag translator: "Behaving like scared sheep worked so well 70 years ago, let's try it again!"

Jag translator 2: "Follow the money, starting with France and Germany."

KG_Soldier
03-30-2007, 11:19 AM
That's it, John. I say you and I kick the damn French out of Spain, NOW! SSpoom, you're in trouble. Finally, our troops have motivation. John, I've posted your post on the poster board in the locker room. Maybe now our boys will fight better with the bayonet!

KG_Kharkov
03-30-2007, 11:43 AM
Absolutely! OK, when do folks have some free time this weekend to get in a game of NTW? It would be great if we could get a 4 person game in also.

KG_Soldier
03-30-2007, 11:53 AM
I can play tonight or tomorrow night.