PDA

View Full Version : US Forces capture Iranian Officer operating in Iraq

KG_Cloghaun
09-20-2007, 01:28 PM
U.S. forces seize Iranian in Iraq

Officer accused of smuggling bombs for elite Quds force

The Associated Press

SULAIMANIYAH, Iraq - An Iranian officer accused of smuggling powerful roadside bombs into Iraq for the elite Quds force was arrested Thursday, the military said.

The suspect — a member of the Quds Force, an elite unit of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards — was detained in the Kurdish city of Sulaimaniyah, the military said.

He was allegedly involved in transporting roadside bombs, including armor-piercing explosively formed penetrators, or EFPs, into Iraq, according to a statement. It said intelligence reports also indicated he was involved in the infiltration and training of foreign fighters in Iraq.

Officials have said the Bush administration is expected to soon blacklist the Quds force as a terrorist organization, subjecting part of the vast military operation to financial sanctions. The move would be in response to Iranian action in Iraq and elsewhere.

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12370498/ (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12370498/)

KG_Soldier
09-20-2007, 02:45 PM
Here's what I don't get. Okay, during the '80s, we (the USA) openly supported Mujahadeen in Afghanistan fighting the Soviets. We gave most our support to Afghan resistance fighters on the Pakistani side of the border. However, many special forces teams went into Afghanistan on missions to train the Mujahadeen on how to use high tech mortors, stingers, ect. The Soviets had done the same thing to us in Vietnam, and China even more so in Korea (all out fighting). So other than it's them (the Iranians) against us (the USA), what are they doing that's different from what we did to the Soviets during the '80s in Afghanistan?

Now, this doesn't mean I don't wish they'd stop and help us stabilize Iraq, but I mean, isn't there a bit of hypocrisy?

KG_Kharkov
09-20-2007, 04:12 PM
Of course there is. But we're Americans dammit!

KG_Cloghaun
09-20-2007, 04:36 PM
You're either with us, or against us, Mark...

http://bush2004.com/images/bush_via_the_daily_mirror.jpg

KG_SSpoom
09-20-2007, 04:45 PM
ROFLMAO! Were Americans were are allowed to be hypocrites dammit.
If you dont like it.....well lets just say your on "The short list ya damn terrorist!"

KG_Kharkov
09-20-2007, 06:03 PM
You're part of the Axis of Evil until you stop your nuclear program at which time you are part of the Axis of Folks We're Apathetic About. You are then free to go on repressing your citizens as you see fit, or starving them if that's what you are into.

If you have no nuclear program, like the Darfur region, you are on the Axis of People Below the Equator That Don't Mean Much to US, also known as the AOPBTETDMMTU. It should be noted the AOPBTETDMMTU is an equal opportunity policy embraced by both Republican and Democrat administrations.

KG_Swampfox
09-20-2007, 07:08 PM
You're part of the Axis of Evil until you stop your nuclear program at which time you are part of the Axis of Folks We're Apathetic About. You are then free to go on repressing your citizens as you see fit, or starving them if that's what you are into.

If you have no nuclear program, like the Darfur region, you are on the Axis of People Below the Equator That Don't Mean Much to US, also known as the AOPBTETDMMTU. It should be noted the AOPBTETDMMTU is an equal opportunity policy embraced by both Republican and Democrat administrations.

Put in a way only a corporate lawyer could think of.

Far more care goes into saving endangered species, than the untold millions of humans of the AOPBTETDMMTU varity. Hell of a civilization we have here..........

KG_Kharkov
09-21-2007, 08:29 AM
For sure, don't build your beach house too close to protected wetlands where you may endanger the habitat of the rare sea toad. But genocide in Darfur -- well, we'll get to that after we finish debating whether to let North Korea continue to have access to Ipods and Playstation 3s.

KG_Jag
09-21-2007, 01:48 PM
Yes--the U.S. spies and provides arms and support to our Allies and the enemies of our enemies. What world or even regional power doesn't? Further the same was true with regard to UK, U.S., Soviet Union, Japan and Germany in the 1930's. Then as now--there is no moral equivalency among the "similar" state actions.

Our enemy in this case, however, supports both regional and world wide terrorism. It has an expressed desire to commit genocide and wipe at least one country off the map. This same country, Iran, clearly threatens both U.S. and western interests, as well as world peace. Meanwhile the U.S. worries about offending a third world neighbor because it is putting up barriers to stop citizens from said third world country from illegally entering the U.S. in extremely large and increasing numbers on one of its two open borders.

KG_Soldier
09-21-2007, 03:11 PM
So we get to judge "moral equialency"? Because we say they support terrorist, they should stop? I support Israel, but Palestinian "terrorists" are different from Islamic fundamentalist "terrorists." Because Iran is a threat to us in THEIR part of the world, they should stop? Because every Arab Nation and Iran have made similar statements about wiping out the Jews (even though none have actually tried very hard), we should consider them all enemies? Because they don't do what we want them too, they threaten world peace? How do we not threaten world peace? It's time to let the Jews fend for themselves. They're really quite resourceful and would manage okay on their own.

KG_Soldier
09-21-2007, 03:17 PM
Increasing numbers of illegal immigrants is a little misleading. From a percentage of the U.S. population standpoint, illegal immigration has remained pretty stable. And really, it's not quite fair to bring our immigration problems into an argument about Iran -- red herring fallacy I believe. I'm sure one of you lawers will correct me if I'm wrong.

KG_SSpoom
09-21-2007, 04:08 PM
Well an Illegal Immigrant already deported once made his way back in
and murdered a young Phoenix police officer just yesterday. He was a known gang member and criminal. This alone (not even mentioning the loss of U.S. jobs and drain on the taxpayers) is enough for me to build a wall and put up Mg posts every 500yds with a clearly marked "dead line" (hell we can even make the signs up in all languages)

KG_Soldier
09-21-2007, 05:02 PM
All the more reason to expand the guest worker permits so we can know who is in our country and make it easier for immigrant workers to come pick fruit and vegetables. If we allowed more needed farm workers, then we could build a fence and put up machine guns because the people crossing illegally would be drug smugglers and criminals. Do you really want to machine gun down a guy who's coming to Texas to pick fruit so his family can eat in Mexico?

KG_SSpoom
09-21-2007, 05:48 PM
Well ......actually in some ways yes. The signs would plainly state that deadly force Will
be used, why risk your life when you can apply LEGALLY.
He can support his own family IN Mexico or Latin America
or by actually applying for a guest worker visa.
He is crossing a border of a soveriegn nation ILLEGALLY.
What part of ILLEGAL Immigration do people not understand?
If you break the laws of this country by coming here without
following the proper rules you should in No way shape or form reap ANY benefit.
Radical ...Yes but it is the law. There are laws on the books now that are Ignored.
If we are not going to enforce the borders why have a department of homeland
security? Hell why even have borders? or rules?
Just let anyone who wants in come in and let them do whatever they want free
from any consequences.
Just how many slave laborers do we need in this country?
And its not just to "pick fruit" Americans are losing construction and Industrial jobs here in
Ohio to Illegals.

KG_Swampfox
09-21-2007, 08:23 PM
As disturbing as it is to see Iranians in Iraq, its not overly surprising.

Far more disturbing was the Israelis air attck into Syria proportedly destroying nuclear material from North Korea.

Neither side is saying much, Syria was caught with their pants down as the Israelis ELINT A/C flying with the strike package COMPLETELY jammed Syria's, Russian acquired, jam proof radar.
Err, ahh, somewhat jam proof, well not exactly jam proof at all.

All 8 strike aircraft and the ELINT aircraft returned safely.

BTW, the strike package was F-16I and F-15I A/C, probably the most capable A/C in the world other than the F-35, F-22 combo.

There is no power like air power....

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article2461421.ece

Read more about the jam proof radar here: http://www.debka.com/article.php?aid=1301

KG_Jag
09-21-2007, 10:17 PM
I wonder how much "cement" North Korea has shipped to Iran, perhaps to help build their "peaceful" nuclear power plants.

KG_SSpoom
09-21-2007, 10:49 PM
Its just a matter of time till there are more middle eastern nuclear nations.
It just seems that that part of the world will eventually turn from sand to glass
in a flurry of nuclear blasts. The Israelis wont be able to find/blast all the potential nuclear
facilities or imported nucs

Matrf
09-27-2007, 02:13 PM
Here's what I don't get. Okay, during the '80s, we (the USA) openly supported Mujahadeen in Afghanistan fighting the Soviets. We gave most our support to Afghan resistance fighters on the Pakistani side of the border. However, many special forces teams went into Afghanistan on missions to train the Mujahadeen on how to use high tech mortors, stingers, ect. The Soviets had done the same thing to us in Vietnam, and China even more so in Korea (all out fighting). So other than it's them (the Iranians) against us (the USA), what are they doing that's different from what we did to the Soviets during the '80s in Afghanistan?

Now, this doesn't mean I don't wish they'd stop and help us stabilize Iraq, but I mean, isn't there a bit of hypocrisy?

They are terrorist and they are part of the evil axis because they don't want to open their border to the u.s market.

I would't want to open my border to drugs either...
I still don't want drugs in my country but the holy america of Bush hold a kick ass army with so many spy that I'm almost afraid to talk about it.

Terrorism is a tactic, ppl are afraid after the actions of terrorist.

Guess what, this is all sponsorised by god...

KG_AirborneBob
09-28-2007, 06:45 PM
As far as the borders go....we should take a page form the East German play book. On our side of the border 25 meters of soft sand (Stops vehicles from running up to fence) then 25 meters of antipersonnel mines (Stops people from running up to fence) then triple concertina (stops idiots from running at all) ...then 15' tall fence. And did I add gun towers ever 100 meters along the fence.

KG_Soldier
09-28-2007, 07:53 PM
Hey Matrf, we had a kick-ass army before Bush. So are you saying America has only tried to impose our market on other countries after Bush became president?

So many people in the world, not just the U.S., think the Iraq War is Bush's war. But on October 11, 2002, before the Dems lost control of the senate, they passed the Iraq War Resolution, which West Virginia Senator Richard Byrd (D) said was even broader than the the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution. The scope of power given to Bush by the Democratic controlled senate INSURED we were going to war. I told my wife that day that it was a done deal, that the Democrats had just declared war. Who can honestly say that there was any question about whether or not we were invading Iraq after the Iraq War Resolution was passed by the senate? The Democrat's voted 33-19 in favor of going to war. Tom Daschele was Senate Majority Leader; he voted for it too. This doesn't mean Bush didn't want war, only that he couldn't have done it without the support of Hillary, Kerry, Edwards and the like. Obama and Byrd are among the Dems who voted against it. The
'02 elections hadn't yet occured, so the Dems didn't know they were losing the senate. So next time you hear someone say this is "Bush's War," think again.

Matrf
09-30-2007, 10:14 AM
No, I think they was before also.

Anyway, I'm not sure if the u.s is doing a mercantil tactic over Québec province. Or they are, or we are a bunch of retards.
The sure thing is, Iran is making their own car, and we don't.
And I doubt that we don't make cars because we are stupid or something. I believe we can't make car because of the imperialist-mercantil americain.

I don't think the u.s are so rich and have such a kick ass army just by magic like this.
I know that we live in a magic world and we can make oil out of water but I still don't really believe in magic under the u.s prosperity.

Matrf
09-30-2007, 12:06 PM
Iran's parliament votes to label CIA, U.S. Army 'terrorist' groups

(CNN) -- The Iranian parliament on Saturday voted to designate the United States' Central Intelligence Agency and the U.S. Army as terrorist organizations, IRNA, the country's state-run news agency, reported.

The CIA and the U.S. Army "trained terrorists and supported terrorism, and they themselves are terrorists," the parliament said, according to IRNA.

The Iranian parliament said the condemnation was based on "known and accepted" standards of terrorism from international regulations, including the U.N. charter.

The parliament said it condemns the "aggressions by the U.S. Army, particularly in Iraq and Afghanistan" and calls on the United Nations to "intervene in the global problem of U.S. prisons in Guantanamo Bay, Abu Ghraib and secret jails in other countries," IRNA reported, quoting a statement from Iranian lawmakers.

The Iranian parliament also decried the CIA's and U.S. Army's involvement in the 1945 bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in World War II, U.S. involvement in the Balkans, Vietnam and the U.S. support of Israel.

Of the condemnation, Paul Gimigliano, a CIA spokesman, said, "There are some things that don't even deserve comment. This is one."

National Security Council spokesman Gordon Johndroe said he declined to comment "on non-binding resolutions passed by parliaments in countries with dubious records on human rights, democracy and that are state sponsors of terror."

There was no immediate response from the U.S. State Department.

Washington and U.S. military leaders have long accused Iran of training and equipping insurgents in Iraq. The United States and Iran have not had formal diplomatic relations since 1980 after Iranian militants stormed the U.S. Embassy in Tehran and held Americans hostage for 444 days.

The Iranian lawmakers' condemnation was in apparent retaliation for the U.S. Senate's resolution Wednesday requesting that the United States designate Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps, or Quds Force, as a foreign terrorist organization.

The Senate resolution passed a day after Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad told the U.N. General Assembly that an agreement reached last month between his country and the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) over its disputed nuclear program has, in the Iranian view, settled the matter.

Iran says its nuclear program is necessary for civilian energy production. The United States and other Western nations have accused Tehran of trying to build a nuclear weapon.

:rofl: :rofl::rofl:

KG_Soldier
09-30-2007, 12:55 PM
That is kinda funny: You're a terrorist! No, you're the terrotist. No, it's you. No, it's you.

KG_AirborneBob
09-30-2007, 09:02 PM
The should issue T-shirts...:withstupi

Matrf
10-02-2007, 06:26 PM
It's the information war ;)