PDA

View Full Version : New Model Army Folding It's Tent After Being Flanked in China

KG_Jag
12-08-2007, 02:35 PM
Here's the story from today's Treefrog Treasures newsletter.
------------------
This week we received an email from Blake Reade announcing that New Model Army will cease production effective immediately. We're sorry to report that this means there will be no Marders, Pumas or Pak-40s. We have contacted those of you who had these items on preorder. Blake's message to dealers and collectors is below:
------------------
Dear All
Today I have been informed that our manufacturer went into liquidation with all our stock. Despite the fact all the stock and freight charges have been paid for by us in advance we are not able to retrieve any of our goods and are therefore not able to fulfil any more current orders.

All dealers have already been or will be refunded any money held on deposit by us in the next few days and will NOT suffer any financial loss.

I have decided to call it a day and retire from the business whilst I still have my sanity! I had been planning to leave NMA for a while to spend more time with my family and this final incident has confirmed to me that this type of business just cannot be run from the UK with the manufacturing being done in China. I have enjoyed my time thoroughly at the helm of NMA but sometimes you just have to know when to quit and now is the time for me.

Best wishes to you all and God be with you in this great adventure called life.

Regards Blake Reade