PDA

View Full Version : Kosovo Declares Independance!!

KG_Cloghaun
02-17-2008, 02:59 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23203607

Take that Serbia!

KG_AGCent
02-17-2008, 03:35 PM
Well... its not too long now before the Europeans go back to doing what they know best... killing each other in job lots.

KG_AGCent
02-17-2008, 03:54 PM
Remembering that we are on the verge of celebrating the 100th anniversary the start of the War to Temporarily End All Mutual European Slaughter, I was wondering if anyone could point to an article that would show the geopolitical implications necessitating the invasion of France by way of the assasination of a Hungarian Archduke... not that I am against invading France, I am just curious as to the reasoning.

KG_Soldier
02-17-2008, 08:12 PM
I take it you mean an Austrian Archduke.

KG_AGCent
02-17-2008, 09:30 PM
Austria-Hungarian Empire Archduke.

KG_AirborneBob
02-18-2008, 08:26 AM
it was all part of mutual protection pacts....if they attack you then I will attack them for you...That and the fact that most of the Europena monarchy at the time were some how related to each other...family fights are always the messiest

KG_Soldier
02-18-2008, 11:57 AM
Well... I would argue that the rulers of Europe had accepted the Social Darwinism idea that because of natural selection and the survival of the fittest, war between the different "species" of Europe was inevitable. They saw Germans, French, British, Austrians, and Russians as different "species." So the assassination of Franz Ferdinand merely gave the rulers of Europe a chance to get the inevitable over with. Or at least get it started, maybe the Brits hoped the French and Germans would kill each other off quickly and that's why they sent such a small BEF to the Continent before the war.