PDA

View Full Version : Gentlemen, I give you..."The Pacific"!

KG_Cloghaun
06-27-2009, 10:05 PM
http://www.hbo.com/events/pacific/video.html

Coming March 2010!!

10 hours of sure to be movie history!

quote:

Directors include Carl Franklin (HBO’s “Rome”), Jeremy Podeswa (HBO’s “Six Feet Under”), Tony To (HBO’s “Band of Brothers”), Tim Van Patten (HBO’s “The Sopranos”) and Graham Yost (HBO’s “From the Earth to the Moon”).
The Pacific is based on the books “With the Old Breed,” by Eugene Sledge, which was hailed by historian Paul Fussell as “one of the finest memoirs to emerge from any war,” and “Helmet for My Pillow,” by Robert Leckie (recipient of the Marine Corps Combat Correspondents Annual Award), as well as original interviews conducted by the filmmakers. Continuing the World War II oral history work begun by his father Stephen E. Ambrose (author of the book “Band of Brothers”), Hugh Ambrose serves as a consultant on the miniseries.

The Pacific is scheduled to begin airing in March 2010.

KG_Panzerschreck
06-28-2009, 10:51 AM
Whoa! Cant wait. :banana3[1]:

KG_AirborneBob
06-28-2009, 02:07 PM
Looks really great...as detail oreinted as the Band Of Brothers series I'm sure....

KG_Cloghaun
06-28-2009, 05:19 PM
Doesn't that last top-down scene remind any of you of a game we used to play? Surreal isn't it?

KG_Jag
06-29-2009, 12:37 AM
Looks like the making of another classic.

KG_Swampfox
06-29-2009, 08:27 AM
If its anything like the Rome series, it will be damn good

The Rome series was outstanding

KG_Jag
03-05-2010, 07:26 PM
Here's another link:

http://www.hbo.com/index.html#/the-pacific

Starts on March 14th.

KG_von_Luck
03-07-2010, 11:18 PM
Yup Im all hot and bothered for this one!! should be epic

KG_AGCent
03-12-2010, 11:20 AM
"With the Old Breed" is a book that I had recommended to all members of this forum. Absolutely shocking account of the war in the pacific, it is the "Forgotten Soldier" of the Pacific theater.

I don't have the ability to view the previews of this show from my work (yes, I am back at work... in the IT field (Tier 1 help desk for Microsoft Liveoffice)) so I cannot comment on the content of the website atm.

I do want to say, and Panther and Armygroup can verify that you will probably hear reference to my grandfather's unit (4th Marines) as he was at Tarawa, Iwo Jima and Okinawa (as well as D-Day, believe it or not). I look forward to seeing this on DVD (cable service disconnected to save $$) or maybe some of you Tivo/etc. types could burn me dvd's and send them my way.