PDA

View Full Version : Remote Control B-29 & X-1

KG_Panzerschreck
02-24-2010, 11:21 PM
A very impressive video of a two man team flying a large B-29 Bomber with an attached X-1 that launches off of the belly of the Bomber while in flight. At one point the X-1 does some manuevers with a smoke trail, then lands. Then the B-29 "Goes Out Of Control" and 2 crew bail out, chutes and all, then the pilots regain control of the plane.

After that part of the show there is some impressive flying done with this very large model. Inverted flying, split S's, Immelman turns ect. The vid is 7 min long but well worth the time. Very cool indeed. Someone has a lot of money and time on their hands.

http://users.skynet.be/fa926657/files/B29.wmv

KG_Cloghaun
02-25-2010, 08:05 PM
I want one! I want one!

Bill- buy me one! Immediately! :wavey:

KG_Jag
02-26-2010, 01:31 AM
I want one! I want one!

Bill- buy me one! Immediately! :wavey:

Sorry Frank--I don't think it will fit this retiree's budget.

Worse yet--I couldn't get Kent's link to work.

KG_Swampfox
02-26-2010, 04:37 PM
I've seen this thing inverted and cutting the daisies before, a testament to the skill of the crews......

KG_Panzerschreck
02-27-2010, 12:06 AM
The link is fine Bill. You do have to give it some time to load because its a direct link to a .WMV file. With the slowest cable speed, like i have, it took me about 30 seconds to load the 7 min long video. If you have DSL im guessing it will take quite awhile longer. Dont even attempt it with Dial up.

KG_Jag
02-27-2010, 12:28 AM
Still no go with Firefox. I was able to see it with IE.

It is really something. Just wish they would have shown the lowering of the landing gear.