Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > The Depot > SSpoom's Basement

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

View Poll Results: Who's in Your Super Bowl?
Carolina Vs. Steelers 1 12.50%
Seahawks Vs. Steelers 3 37.50%
Carolina Vs. Broncos 3 37.50%
Seahawks Vs. Broncos 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 01-17-2006, 10:36 AM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_Kharkov
BTW, it was clearly an interception. I'd say that even if it was the Browns intercepting the Steelers.
Sportscenter ( their 11PM pst )last night spent 10 mins on the so-called interception and after numerous replays and slo-mo's , the video pointed out it wasn't a catch. He NEVER had complete control of the ball at anytime. It wasn't until I watched it on Sportscenter that I can now say it wasn't a catch confidently.... Hopefully they will show it again before the weekend.

The best thing Joey Porter should have done was keep his big mouth shut...He won the game and now the idiot is going to be A LOT lighter in the wallet for opening his big mouth.

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 01-17-2006, 10:50 AM
Generalleutnant

I doubt there will be a fine. The NFL admitted it was the wrong call and that it should not have been overturned.

"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers." Psalms 1:1-3
Unread 01-17-2006, 12:43 PM
General der Panzer

It was an interception, no doubt!
Unread 01-17-2006, 12:45 PM
General der Panzer

I'd take Vince Young over Peyton Manning any day. :) I'm not going to talk about Andy because I want to be a good KG mate, but I think he's having reasoning issues lately, probably because of my recent ownage of him in DOD!

Last edited by KG_Soldier; 01-17-2006 at 12:49 PM..
Unread 01-17-2006, 01:02 PM
Generalleutnant

I'm not going to talk about Andy either because I too want to be a good KG mate, but I think he still has bitter bile in his throat over the loss to the great state of Texas. Did you know Texas was once its own country?

"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers." Psalms 1:1-3
Unread 01-17-2006, 02:01 PM
General der Panzer

Back to the thread, Big Ben's got a big arm. He's definetly going to be around a long time, good news for you Steeler fans. However, I think the Steeler's "D" will have a harder time putting pressure on "Jake the Snake" due to Denvers more balanced attack and Jake's mobility. That being said, I look for one of the best AFC Championships ever, with whichever teams plays best winning it at the end. It won't be Texas vs USuCk, but it should be a very good FB game. Denver 24 Steelers 21. As in all Football games, turnovers will decide it. Wait, didn't the Steelers win despite turning the ball over more than Indy?

Maybe it is their year, or maybe Peyton just chokes in the big ones no matter how many opportunities the league decides to give his team to win the big game. Definetly, Vince over Peyton. I think as a starter Vince lost two High School games, one to A&M's Reggie Mcneil in the State Championship, and the other to Katy in the Regional Finals before Katy went on to win the State Championship when Vince was a Junior at Madison in Houston. He lost 2 games in 2 1/2 years at Texas as a starter.

Vince's record as a starter at Texas, except for the first one, he didn't hardly play in the 65-13 rout of Texas by Oklahoma. But look at what Texas did after. And the OK game, when he was a Sophmore, was just a plain old fashiond ass whipping of Texas' offensive line, Vince was crushed and never had a chance. It was after the OK loss in '04 that Mack decided to stop trying to make him a "typical" drop back passer and change his motion. And for those of you who say his motion will impede his pro career, did you ever see "Fran the Man" or Dan Fouts throw? They both threw from whatever angle it took!

Oct. 11 (#11) vs. #1 Oklahoma L 13-65
Oct. 18 (#20) @ Iowa State W 40-19
Oct. 25 (#19) @ Baylor W 56-0
Nov. 1 (#16) #12 Nebraska W 31-7
Nov. 8 (#11) @ #21 Oklahoma State W 55-16
Nov. 15 (#6) Texas Tech W 43-40
Nov. 28 (#6) @ Texas A&M W 46-15
Dec. 30 (#5) vs. #15 Washington St. L 20-28#
# - Holiday Bowl

Coach: Mack Brown
Season: 11-1-0
Big 12: 7-1
Final Ranking: 5th AP; 4th USA Today/ESPN
Sept. 4 (#7) North Texas W 65-0
Sept. 11 (#7) @ Arkansas W 22-20
Sept. 25 (#5) Rice W 35-13
Oct. 2 (#5) Baylor W 44-14
Oct. 9 (#5) vs. #2 Oklahoma L 0-12
Oct. 16 (#9) #24 Missouri W 28-20
Oct. 13 (#8) @ #24 Texas Tech W 51-21
Oct. 30 (#8) @ Colorado W 31-7
Nov. 6 (#6) #19 Oklahoma State W 56-35
Nov. 13 (#6) @ Kansas W 27-23
Nov. 26 (#5) #22 Texas A&M W 26-13
Jan. 1 (#6) vs. #12 Michigan W 38-37#
# - Rose Bowl

NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
Coach: Mack Brown
Season: 13-0-0
Big 12: 8-0-0
Final Ranking: 1st AP; 1st USA Today/ESPN
Sept. 3 (#2) Louisiana-Lafayette W 60-3
Sept. 10 (#2) @ #4 Ohio State W 25-22
Sept. 17 (#2) Rice W 51-10
Oct. 1 (#2) @ Missouri W 51-20
Oct. 8 (#2) vs. Oklahoma W 45-12
Oct. 15 (#2) #24 Colorado W 42-17
Oct. 22 (#2) #10 Texas Tech W 52-17
Oct. 29 (#2) @ Oklahoma State W 47-28
Nov. 5 (#2) @ Baylor W 62-0
Nov. 12 (#2) Kansas W 66-14
Nov. 25 (#2) @ Texas A&M W 40-29
Dec. 3 (#2) Colorado W 70-3*
Jan. 4 (#2) vs. #1 USC W 41-38#
* - Big 12 Championship
# - Rose Bowl

Last edited by KG_Soldier; 01-17-2006 at 02:08 PM..
Unread 01-17-2006, 03:59 PM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_Soldier
BLAH...Blah....blah......
Dude, Vince will probably be picked by the second round.... Like I said before, he's a Good College player..... There is a huge difference from playing with math majors versus monsters who do it for a living...

I have screen shots to prove you were hacking last nightand I will post them either late tonight or tomorrow because I have to work late today.

@soldier,

There was no interception period.

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 01-17-2006, 04:25 PM
Generalleutnant

Mike Pereira, the league's vice president of officiating, said in a statement that Morelli should have let the call on the field stand. "He maintained possession long enough to establish a catch," Pereira said. "Therefore, the replay review should have upheld the call on the field that it was a catch and fumble."
Apparently, the NFL didn't agree with Sportscenter. I watched the replays (but not the Sportscenter thing you mentioned) and from what I saw his hand was securely on the football prior to hitting the turf and the ball did not move once he hit the turf in a way that would have indicated lack of control. It's academic now -- thankfully the Steelers won -- it was the craziest Steeler game that I've seen surpassing the immaculate interception in the game against the Patriots in the 90s.

Unread 01-17-2006, 04:46 PM
Generalleutnant

Marky Mark,

I will bet you a beer (I know you don't bet so I chose something easy) that Matt Leinart is taken BEFORE Young.

@khar,

I hold no credence to the NFL throwing the ref's under the bus because of the non-popular sentiment in the media and fan base. All they are doing is PR to save face.
I do hope SportsCenter does repeat it because the footage they show, Troy doesn't control the ball when he goes to the ground ( more like trapping with his body when he rolls on it ) I am trying to get a hold of the footage...

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 01-17-2006, 04:54 PM
General der Panzer

I'll bet you a beer Vince Young becomes a Hall of Fame NFL QUARTERBACK, no matter how many silly teams pass him up in the draft.