Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > The Depot > News

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 04-18-2007, 11:18 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber (Ret.)
Oberst

Send a message via MSN to KG_AGCent
Default KampfGruppe On The Frontlines

KampfGruppe currently has three members and one recruit that are on active military service in the Unites States armed forces. One member, KG_Scout, recently sent us this update while on his 3rd tour "in-country":

Quote:
We had a calm period over here for a while but lately it has been very hectic and I haven't been online much. We have been running around doing a lot of missions and there has been a lot of activity from the bad guys. If you watch the news you probably know more than I do but they are talking about extending everyone's tours here to 15 months. 3 extra months isn't that big of a deal, except for the guys who got here at the same I did will be missing Christmas 2 times in a row. Here is an article in Stars and Stripes about 1-8 Cav, I was on this same road when the bomb went off that punched holes in my tank. http://www.stripes.com/article.asp?s...0&archive=true Another one went off on me again last night, it missed the tank but my ears are still ringing as I had my head out of the tank commander's hatch. Could have lost my noggin.

Our platoon medic PFC Figueroa was shot and killed by a sniper while on a dismounted patrol about a week ago. He was barely 20 years old and had just gotten engaged to his girlfriend while home on mid tour leave. He called my crew the "Party Humvee" because we are always acting silly and jamming out to music on our Ipods hooked up to some portable speakers in the truck. I will always remember late night radio watch out at the police station playing Super Mario games where the way the characters moved in the game also reminded him of "partying". He was a good buddy and I'll miss him a lot, God rest his soul.
KampfGruppe salutes our heroes for their sacrifices and we honor those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for a grateful nation. PFC Figueroa, Rest In Peace.