Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > First Person Shooters

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 08-19-2005, 10:08 AM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_AGCent
I took a look. Very nice indeed! Wish they would do Pacific Theatre...

With the way EA's Pacific Assault died a Horrifying death I think developers are
possibly staying away from it.... MOHAA:PA was so bad.....

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 08-19-2005, 10:12 AM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_Vlad
I love COD UO...play several hours every night now during the summer.
I have never played CS....not into modern warfare as much and SWAT style stuff. Although....I think I would give a COD version of modern combat a try. The new COD2 will be very good I am sure. I personally cant wait. I agree with AGCent that a GOOD pacific theater version would be nice! If you are still playing COD UO come check out my server...listed as

aa WD Black 44 Platoon

Take care.
You should give CS:Source a try...the visuals alone are impressive! At first I was very skeptical about it because I heard this and that about it but once you start playing it it will blow you away.

I will check out your UO server, although I am not a big AWE fan. Do you guys have any of the GFM maps?

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 08-19-2005, 01:40 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber (Ret.)
Oberst

Send a message via MSN to KG_AGCent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_CrimsonTrooper
You should give CS:Source a try...the visuals alone are impressive! At first I was very skeptical about it because I heard this and that about it but once you start playing it it will blow you away.

I will check out your UO server, although I am not a big AWE fan. Do you guys have any of the GFM maps?
What is the IP to the server? I have the filters tailored to my preferences and might never find it.

Vlad, don't take much of what Crim says about Counter-Suck to heart. It looks pretty, but the beauty is only about one skin cell deep. DoD: Source may be different, we shall see, but don't worry yourself too much about thinking your missing something if you don't run right out and waste $50 on HL2, spend an hour (yes, an entire hour!) installing the game, another half hour waiting for the auto-patch software to install all the code changes needed for the game to suck only 95% as much as it did prior to the patching then another 45 minutes to an hour finding a server that isn't hack riddled at that particular moment. You ought to hear the pissing and moaning on TS when Andy, Panther, Coop and Soldier are CSing. Schreck, Clogh, Jag and I have to move ourselves to another room just to get away from the whining.

Wait until the jury comes back with a verdict on DoD before you invest. That mod (Good Lord, can't belive it takes a mod to kindle a hope of an investment being rescued from the Unwise bin) should be out 1 September. It'll take about a week for things to shake out and the first intelligent reviews to come trickling in.

Last edited by KG_AGCent; 08-19-2005 at 01:45 PM..
Unread 08-19-2005, 01:58 PM
Oberst

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_Vlad
I love COD UO...play several hours every night now during the summer.
I have never played CS....not into modern warfare as much and SWAT style stuff. Although....I think I would give a COD version of modern combat a try. The new COD2 will be very good I am sure. I personally cant wait. I agree with AGCent that a GOOD pacific theater version would be nice! If you are still playing COD UO come check out my server...listed as

aa WD Black 44 Platoon

Take care.
I play a little every night myself. Have really taken a liking to the G-43 and the K-98 on servers where the MGs aren't modded to increase their rate of fire or damage and they don't use a dork-dot. I like the Punishers of the Weak servers and a couple other selcted servers. I usually rank in the top 3 on any given map. Picking off PPsH'ers with a K-98 is such a satisfying feeling. Almost as much as poking holes in STG-whores with a Mosin-Nagat iron sight rifle. It's also fun to go sniper hunting on maps like Brecourt. Sneaking up behind them and pistol-whipping them while they obsess in their scopes is a joy!
Unread 08-19-2005, 03:16 PM
Generalleutnant

Quote:
Vlad, don't take much of what Crim says about Counter-Suck to heart. It looks pretty, but the beauty is only about one skin cell deep.
You ought to hear the pissing and moaning on TS when Andy, Panther, Coop and Soldier are CSing. Schreck, Clogh, Jag and I have to move ourselves to another room just to get away from the whining.
Vlad,

I have NO idea what AGC is talking about, even when playing CoD:UO you can still hear Rob whine so it's not like nobody ever says even to themselves that they shouldn't have been killed/shot or whatever.... Rob can try to be as pious as he wants to but when it comes down to it we are all the same.
I have never heard of anyone complain more about games before...we all have to look at them this way...It's for entertainment, if you like it thats cool if you don't thats cool too but, don't sound like a broken freakin record and complain about the one(s) you don't like...

- Emiliano Zapata

Last edited by KG_AGCent; 08-20-2005 at 01:03 PM..
Unread 08-19-2005, 07:57 PM
KG_Vlad

Default KG_Vlad

Our COD:UO server IP is 72.36.148.188:28960

See ya there.

Mike
Unread 08-20-2005, 01:06 PM
Oberst

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_CrimsonTrooper
don't sound like a broken freakin record and complain about the one(s) you don't like...

I like to think of it as consistency.
Unread 08-20-2005, 03:58 PM
Generalleutnant

Quote:
I like to think of it as consistency.
Oh my dear dear friend.... You got me there!

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 08-21-2005, 02:03 PM
Oberst

I dropped by Vlady-cakes' server today. I don't like the death-dot sites, however, the weapons have a good bit of recoil, unlike FK abd FBI requiring short bursts in order to resight. The STG comes with 60 rounds, the G-43 comes with 60 rounds. Very happy about this as it will limit the pray and spray idjits ability to do this.

What I don't like is that when you go into the sights with the MGs there is little or no muzzle rise allowing the user to empty a 20 rd mag in a very small group. Why can't people get this crap right?

I went on when there was noone else there. Hopefully there will be some people there this afternoon.

Last edited by KG_AGCent; 08-21-2005 at 03:27 PM..
Unread 08-21-2005, 06:14 PM
Generalleutnant

[QUOTE=KG_AGCent] I don't like the death-dot sites, however, the weapons have a good bit of recoil, unlike FK abd FBI requiring short bursts in order to resight.
QUOTE]

I too don't like the death dots, I can't stand them personally.

I do like what they did as far as the weapons are concerned. I could care less abou the remagen map or algiers for that matter. Now if they incorporated the German Front Mod maps and a few After-Hourz maps it would be awesome!

- Emiliano Zapata