Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > First Person Shooters

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 04-26-2007, 11:09 PM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

Default Flashpoint 2

From this months Code M news letter -

Operation Flashpoint™, the game that invented the conflict simulation genre, will return in 2008. Promising warfare on a scale never seen in an FPS, the biggest name in modern military simulation gaming is back, as Codemasters can confirm today that Operation Flashpoint™ 2 is in development for PC and major console formats. Sign-up for future development briefings now!

www.codemasters.com/flashpoint2
Unread 05-05-2007, 12:26 PM
Oberschutze

isn't it called " Armed Assault" ? it's already out.
Unread 05-06-2007, 01:43 AM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

No, its a new version of Flashpoint.
Unread 05-21-2007, 12:43 AM
Schutze

Send a message via MSN to Sgt_Oddball

That's odd. I wonder who the developer is?

The original developer of Operation Flashpoint, BI Interactive, had a falling out with Codemasters. Codemasters owns the Operation Flashpoint name but not the code, which BI Interactive owns. And I know of no deal of them getting back together to do another Flashpoint, which means a completely different developer and code, and basically different game.

BI Interactive went on to make Armed Assault -- hence the new name considering Codemasters ownership of 'Operation Flashpoint'. Armed Assault was not considered by BI Interactive or the community to be Operation Flashpoint's successor. Armed Assault set out to upgrade Operation Flashpoint but ended up doing a whole lot more then that. Codemasters is not the publisher of Armed Assault, Atari is. BI interactive is working on what would have been considered Operation Flashpoint 2, under the name 'next generation pc game', which logically will be dubbed Armed Assault 2. There are plenty of screens on the net of BI Interactive's 'next generation pc game'.

So I just wanted to clear up any misconceptions. Codemasters' Operation Flashpoint 2 will not be how we know the original Flashpoint, I wonder who is working on it and what it will be like.

I welcome the news because at least there will be another game trying to emulate Flashpoint, which in my opinion is a superior fps war game. Armed Assault in it's current state is unsatisfactory, but with time I know BI Interactive will patch and correct many things. I can't play the game due to terrible optimization in the game and my own fault of not having good enough hardware. But I know BI Interactive's dedication so by later this year when Armed Assault is patched up and the high-end gear that is expensive now is cheap, I'll be playing a bunch of Armed Assault.