Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > The Depot > SSpoom's Basement

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 12-12-2005, 01:03 AM
Oberste Befehlshaber (Ret.)
Oberst

Send a message via MSN to KG_AGCent
Default The General Forum Recipe Thread

With all this talk of hamburgers I found that I simply HAD to go get a Double $6 Guacamole burger form Carls' Jr. this evening. And while joyously savoring the layers of wonderful goodness piled on top each other I thought it would be a good thing to start a recipe thread.

Post your favorite recipe here be it beer bread, steak marinade, hamburger fixings... you get the idea (I hope.)

General rules:

1. No posts containing any drug references written or implied.
2. All recipes must be able to be inoffensively consumed by ANY member of the family.

I'll go first:

My personal favorite .... The heart attack special ...

Ingredients ... 2 steak-umms, 6 large thin slices of pepperoni, 4-6 slices of crisp bacon, 2 slices provolone cheese, small amount grated cheddar cheese, grated parmesan cheese, 1 large opened sub roll, Italian seasoning.

Fry steakumms. Grill open roll face down on same pan until brown and slightly crisp on face. place cheeses on roll. Place steakumms on roll. Season to taste. Place pepperoni on roll. Top brown open sandwich under broiler until pepperoni juices flow and cheese melts. Place bacon on top after removing from broiler. Close sandwich(if u can) and enjoy.

You are now ready to make your reservation at the Intensive Care Cardiac Unit. Never desecrate this with any veggies, you are just depriving a future entree of it's food by eating veggies. Deep fried french fries or breaded mozzeralla sticks are an acceptable side dish.

This sandwich is the reason I never have to work out. My arteries are harder than any wimpy old muscles ever will be and they support my weight just fine thank you.

I am working on pepperoni flavored TUMS so I can crush em down and eat 'em right on my meal and save time.

Last edited by KG_AGCent; 12-12-2005 at 01:11 AM..
Unread 06-15-2006, 12:39 AM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

Default Well i had to let one out of the secret family vault Rob....

Squirrel Hasenpfeffer
4 lbs. dressed squirrel legs and backs *
1 cup sliced onions
3/4 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup dry red wine
2 tbsp sugar
1 tea. salt
4 tbsp butter
1/2 tea. fresh ground pepper
1/2 cup flour
2 bay leaves
1 tbsp mixed pickling spices
1/2 cup chopped onions

Cut squirrel into chunks and soak in cold salt water for one hour. Drain and dry.
Mix wine, vinegar, salt,pepper, bay leaves, chopped onions and pickling spices in ceramic or glass bowl. Add squirrel peices and let marinate in refrigerator for 2 or 3 days. Drain peices of suqirrel and save marinade. Dry squirrel and roll in flour
Melt butter in dutch oven or cast iron skillet, brown squirrel and sliced onions. Pour off any fat, add sugar and 1-1/2 cups marinade. Cover and cook on low heat for 1-2 hrs. or until squirrel is tender. Add more marinade if needed. Mix sour cream into gravy just before serving.

* If Squirrel isnt your thing or isnt readily available, substitute Rabbit which is what is traditionally used in a Hasenpfeffer recipe. We have 2 seperate recipes for Rabbit and Squirrel, this one being the Squirrel recipe of course. I however would be hunted down and killed if i ever gave up my families Rabbit Hasenpfeffer recipe so you'll have to make do with this one. Which BTW is delicious and a very good one if i must say so myself. Happy Hunting and Eating!
Unread 06-15-2006, 01:16 AM
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_CrimsonTrooper Send a message via Yahoo to KG_CrimsonTrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_Panzerschreck
Squirrel Hasenpfeffer

4 lbs. dressed squirrel legs and backs *
1 cup sliced onions
3/4 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup dry red wine
2 tbsp sugar
1 tea. salt
4 tbsp butter
1/2 tea. fresh ground pepper
1/2 cup flour
2 bay leaves
1 tbsp mixed pickling spices
1/2 cup chopped onions

Cut squirrel into chunks and soak in cold salt water for one hour. Drain and dry.
Mix wine, vinegar, salt,pepper, bay leaves, chopped onions and pickling spices in ceramic or glass bowl. Add squirrel peices and let marinate in refrigerator for 2 or 3 days. Drain peices of suqirrel and save marinade. Dry squirrel and roll in flour
Melt butter in dutch oven or cast iron skillet, brown squirrel and sliced onions. Pour off any fat, add sugar and 1-1/2 cups marinade. Cover and cook on low heat for 1-2 hrs. or until squirrel is tender. Add more marinade if needed. Mix sour cream into gravy just before serving.

* If Squirrel isnt your thing or isnt readily available, substitute Rabbit which is what is traditionally used in a Hasenpfeffer recipe. We have 2 seperate recipes for Rabbit and Squirrel, this one being the Squirrel recipe of course. I however would be hunted down and killed if i ever gave up my families Rabbit Hasenpfeffer recipe so you'll have to make do with this one. Which BTW is delicious and a very good one if i must say so myself. Happy Hunting and Eating!
I can't read the recipe can someone please make the type a little bigger please...

- Emiliano Zapata

Unread 09-13-2006, 03:35 AM
Generaloberst

Default Cheesey Chicken Chowder

Cheesey Chicken Chowder

3 cups chicken broth
2 cups shredded chedder cheese
2 cups diced potatoes
2 cups cooked diced chicken
1 cup diced carrots
1/4 tea. pepper
1/2 cup diced onion
1/4 cup margerine
1 cup diced celery
1/3 cup flour
1-1/2 tea. salt
2 cups milk

In a 4 qt. pan bring chicken broth to a boil, reduce heat and add all the veggies, salt & pepper. Cover and simmer for 15 min or until veggies are tender.

Meanwhile melt margerine in medium suacepan; add flour and mix well. Gradually stir in milk, cook over low heat until slightly thickened. Stir in cheese. Cook until melted. Add to broth & veggies along with chicken. Cook and over low heat until heated through. Yields 6-8 servings.
Unread 09-13-2006, 03:39 AM
Generaloberst

Default Garlic Basil Pesto

Garlic Basil Pesto

2 cups fresh basil leaves
6 large garlic cloves
1 cup olive oil
1 cup grated parmesane cheese
1-1/4 cup romano cheese
salt and pepper to taste

1.) Combine garlic and basil in food processor until breifly chopped.
2.) Drizzle in oilve oil while running food processor.
3.) Shut off and add cheese, salt and pepper.
4.) Process breifly just until combined.

Unread 09-13-2006, 03:41 AM
Generaloberst

Default Broccoli Salad

Broccoli Salad

2 heads broccoli
1 jar ranch dressing
1 bag shredded chedder cheese
8-10 peices of bacon fried and drained

Cut broccoli in bowl combine remaning ingredients and mix well. Cover and refrierate until ready to eat.
Unread 09-13-2006, 03:46 AM
Generaloberst

Default Egg Noodles

Egg Noodles

2-1/2 cups flour
1 pinch of salt
2 eggs beaten
1/2 cup of milk
1 tbsp butter

In large bowl combine flour and salt. Add beaten eggs, milk and butter. Knead dough till smooth. let stand in bowl for 10 min. roll out to desired thickness, cut to desired width, length.
Unread 09-13-2006, 03:49 AM
Generaloberst

Default Cocktail Sauce

Cocktail Sauce

1 cup ketchup
3 tbsp grated onion
3 tbsp prepared horseradish
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon

Whisk all ingredients in bowl to blend. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hr. Will last for up to 3 days.
Unread 09-13-2006, 03:54 AM
Generaloberst

Default Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Icing

Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Icing

1 cup unsalted butter, plus 1 tablespoon for cake pan
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups grated carrot
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus 2 tablespoons for cake pan
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup hot water
10 ounces finely chopped fresh pineapple, or tinned (well drained)

Icing:
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room
temperature
1/2 pound cream cheese, room temperature
2 cups icing sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice

Special equipment: an electric mixer and 2 (9-inch) cake pans

For the cake:
Preheat the oven to 375. In an electric mixer cream together 1 cup butter, sugar, and cinnamon until smooth and fluffy. Beat in the eggs 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition. Fold in the grated carrot. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix 1/2 of the flour into the butter mixture, then add 1/2 the water, mix well. Mix in the remaining flour and water. Fold in the pineapple.

Grease 2 (9-inch) cake pans with the remaining butter and dust with the remaining flour.

Divide the batter evenly between the 2 cake pans. Bake for 35 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes then remove from the pan and cool completely.

For the icing:
Cream together the butter and cream cheese until smooth.Whip in the icing sugar and lemon juice.

Slice both cooled cakes into 2 layers. Spread the icing in between the layers as you stack them up. Ice the top and sides of the cake to finish.
Unread 09-13-2006, 04:00 AM
Generaloberst

Orange Cream Cake

1 pkg. lemon cake mix
1 envelope unsweetened orange soft drink mix
3 eggs
1 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 pkgs. orange gelatin, divided
1 cup boiling water
1 cup cold water
1 cup cold milk
1 tea. vanilla
1 pkg. instant vanilla pudding mix
1 (8oz) tub whipped topping thawed.

Preheat oven to 350. In a mixing bowl combine cake and drink mixes, eggs, water, and oil. Beat on medium speed for 2 min. Pour into ungreased 13x9" baking pan. Bake for 25-30 min or until toothpick comes out clean. Using a meat fork poke holes in cake. Cool on wife rack for 30 min. Meanwhile, in a bowl, dissolve one package of gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water. Pour over cake. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hrs. In a mixing bowl combine milk, vanilla, pudding mix and remaining gelatin; beat on low speed for 2 min. Let stand for 5 min; Fold in whipped topping. Frost cake. Refrigerate leftovers.