Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > War & Strategy Games > General Discussion

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 02-02-2006, 10:50 PM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

Sounds like you make a good case Bill, ".......I love the smell of cardboard in morning......It smells like victory....". I miss my boardgaming days.
Unread 02-03-2006, 02:23 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber (Ret.)
Oberst

Send a message via MSN to KG_AGCent

HTTR is the game of choice if you must choose. Kent, keep an eye on your snail-mail box.
Unread 02-03-2006, 06:12 PM
Unteroffizier

Send a message via MSN to KG_Norad
Default Actually if truth be told...

Actually it depends on what you are looking for. HTTR is single player or TCPIP only. No pbem.

PZC you can play all three but the AI is much better in httr.

PZC allows you to play more all encompassing battles. For example the Market Garden game allows you to play the entire operation where HTTR has to break the battle into sections because right now it can't handle huge maps and huge oobs because they would bog down your system.

PZC also allows for more diverse game play. You can play with phased turns or non phased turns. It also has many rules varients that can alter the way a scenario plays.

HTTR is a unique depiction of higher command. It has great unit histories and a very good oob. You can specify things like depth and breadth of a units deployment. It has a great friendly ai with really reduces on mouse clicking.

While this is very good it has a flipside. You do a lot of watching sometimes with little input. It is like taking part as the commander in a field excercise. You give the orders then watch your men carry them out. This is very interesting but in some ways for some people it feels less engaging. PzC on the other hand is quite the opposite and you have to mouse click an aweful lot. While it's more engaging playing large scenarios can take a lot of work and I know some people do not like that aspect.

I like them both but if I had to choose only one of the games. I think I would choose PzC for it's greater flexibility. But the reality is they are both excellent but equally both totally different styles of game play and it kind of like comparing apples to oranges.

I would suggest giving both a try and going with whichever style of game play suites your personal liking.

"Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorius is to die daily" - Napoleon Bonaparte.

Last edited by KG_Norad; 02-03-2006 at 07:40 PM..
Unread 02-03-2006, 07:47 PM
Oberst

Yeah... what Norad said.
Unread 02-03-2006, 09:24 PM
Recruit. Off./ Global Mod
Generaloberst

Thanks guys, ill try them both.
Unread 02-05-2006, 12:52 PM
Oberst

I like the RT aspect of HTTR. I like the larger scope of Kharkov. So it all depends on my mood, really.
Unread 02-07-2006, 08:29 PM
Oberschutze

HTTR is a bit of an acquired taste. I really like the 'sit back and watch' aspect of it, although in my case I'm normally trying to work out when and where to strike or defend next! To me it's much more interesting than figuring out my next turn on a static map.
Unread 02-08-2006, 01:02 AM
Oberst

Well, Stumpie aka. Schreckie-poo, has gotten his copy of HTTR and I gave him a quick and dirty on the game this evening. I hope he tells us what he thinks as he gets into it.

(Of course he will, he's our resident forum whore.)
Unread 05-10-2006, 02:33 PM
Vice Kommandir
Generalfeldmarschall

The fourth game looks like it will be the Battle of the Bulge.

Here's the source:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp....39c2d7954bcf87
Unread 05-10-2006, 04:57 PM
Oberst

News fromt he forums said the Synch Bug has officially been quashed. They are finalizing the manual and are expected to be published by the end of May. w00t!!

I will let Andy buy this one for me since he owes me for the AoE3 game I gave him last week.