Go Back   Kampfgruppe Forums > Military History > Modern Day Conflicts

We are happy to announce open registration on the KG forums has begun! Welcome everyone!

Unread 10-28-2007, 11:45 AM
Oberste Befehlshaber
Generalleutnant

Send a message via MSN to KG_Cloghaun

Quote:
I'm sure you'll find a way to blame it on America if it happens.
Ya, that's me all over. Che Champine! Viva La Revolution!
No one loved Reagan more than me, Mark.

Quote:
And thanks for the congradulations about nephew's making it out of Iraq and back home to his newborn daughter.
I sincerely apologize, Mark. I meant no insult. I was tunnel visioned on making my point & forgot the obvious. I'm sure you and your family are very happy about the return of your Nephew, safe & sound. Congratulations to you & thank you to your Nephew for his service.
Unread 10-28-2007, 12:04 PM
General der Panzer

No worries Frank. With Rob gone I have to try and get someone else riled. I didn't mean personally, well... there are about 20 million Kurds in Turkey, so if they want to commit genocide, they really don't have to invade Iraq. That bit about the "impending genocide" did get into my crawl a little, as did the bit about us "taking over" Afghanistan. But I understand that your hate for the great Texan in the White House skewers your reasoning ability. It's all part of the big plan: to make everyone else in the union hate Texans so they want us to leave. I think it's working.

But I still love you. I really do.
Unread 10-28-2007, 12:25 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber
Generalleutnant

well, it all started when Texas stoled Ted Nugent from Michigan..

yes, the truth finally comes out.
Unread 10-28-2007, 12:29 PM
Oberste Befehlshaber
Generalleutnant

It is bothersome to me that the Kurds seem to keep getting screwed. I wish things could get straightened out without Turkey & the Kurd rebels going at it. It's like Chechnya. Or appears that way to me.
Unread 10-28-2007, 12:52 PM
General der Panzer

It is like Chechnya, but has been going on a lot longer. Southeast Turkey is dominated by the Kurds, population wise anyway, and Turkey's government has done very little to help the Kurds who live there. It's the poorest part of Turkey and the least developed. If Turkey wants to be included in the EU, they will have to change the way they treat the Kurds in their own country. Most of the Kurdish rebels who ambush patrols and such in Turkey are from Turkey and live there, there are not that many in Iraq (Turkish Kurds that is). Even the Iraqi Kurds fought the PKK a few years back -- before we invaded. The Kurds live in SE Turkey, Northern Iraq, and Northwest Iran. As with most problems in the Middle East, it's more a tribal thing than a nationality thing. Damn British and their country making after WWII has led to almost all the problems in the region. Down with Britian!